Sunday, September 03, 2006

Chaos Raptors Continued



Continuing the work on my Raptors/ Possessed Marines, I'm now going to post break down of each raptor/marine seperatly.

First up, is the last of the line Raptor/Marine number 5. Each of the raptors I made were characterised by the Dark Pegesus Wings that have formed out of the characteristic respirator packs of the marines. For this particular marine, I wanted to present the image that he was dodging enemy fire and then quickly changing direction to charge at the offending attacker. Given the size of the wings relative to the rest of the model, they would be central to the image, and so I worked through several means to envision where the wings would be given the action I wanted to convey, where the joints in the wings would be, where the tips of the wings would be, the whole nine yards.
In the end, I settled on having the wings primarially swept forward to carry the emphasis that the marine was flying backwards. I then swept the right wing in toward the model to give the idea that he was changing direction while flying backwards.
From this point it was a simple means to build the rest of the model. Using a pair of jumping legs from the Assault Marines sprue, I created the proper slying look. By using the aiming bolt pistol arm from the chaos space marine spure, coupled with an out turned chainsword arm, I was able to forge an assaulting marine stance. Finally, I added a head and placed it so that it was aiming along the for arm.

Raptor 5: Finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home