Saturday, December 09, 2006

Father Nurgle blesses you

So, I was working on painting my Eldar Dire Avengers and somewhere I jumped form painting Eldar to converting Terminators. No idea what line of logic or insanity possessed me to make that jump, but I did. So now I have some new conversions to detail. To the left is the first of them.
I donno what it was that brought an image of a Nurgle terminator to mind, but I went with it. One of the trade mark images I've come to associate with Nurgle is a bloated gut with spilling intestines. Using a bit of green stuff I molded a swollen and disfigured gut onto a terminator. Using a hobby knife I cut into the gut and opened a large wound. Using more green stuff, I rolled out a long thin snake and by long I mean it was nearly 12" long. I let this piece cure for about 40 minutes before I touched it again. Using some super glue and a pair of tweezers, I began to attach the intestines to the body from with in the wound. It is truly amazing how 12 inches of 1/32" tubing will fit into such a small area. But that was the intestines.
The Claws/talons are actually genestealer hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home