Sunday, September 03, 2006

Raptors/Possesed Marines Continues


Seeking inspiration for daemon winged creatured I sought out imagry on the internet. I came across several images that I liked (and that I later would find out were from Devil May Cry on the Play Station). Spreading out the wings wide, I created a menacing, yet tactical retreating look to this marine. I very much wanted to create a similar appearence to Raptor Number 5, with the retreating yet preparing to attack look. This on is slightly more of the retreating then of the attacking, yet he carries a bolt pistol ready to deliver vengence at those that have angered him. Using jumping Space Marine legs agian gave me the added bonus of, not only giving the impression of flight, but also giving the idea that the marine was kicking or jumping despite the fact he was flying.
For the curious observer, yes the chainsword is at different angles. I originally pined the army so the sword was across the chest in a momentary stance of protection.

Raptor/ Possesed Marine 4: Finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home