Sunday, September 03, 2006

Chaos Raptors, Charge!

Having done two seperate retreating raptors, I wanted a model that showcased a Raptor's deadliest asset, speed! I envision a winged marine skimming across the ground, scantly a meter above the rock, sooming from point of cover to point of cover but not quite ready for the attack blow. Unlike the previous Raptors, I started with the body on this one.
Agian using the legs from assault marines, I angled the chaos Marine torso up relative to the legs. I have the shave the back of the head slightly so that the head would sit further back and give the appearence that the marine was looking ahead almost parallel to the body. To create impression of speed, I cut off the top knot of hair and turned it to that it blew back wards.
The wings were actually simple work. A little pinning, a little glue, some green stuff and the wings were done. It was about this point that I realised I had paid the points for a plasma pistol in the squad, but I hadn't modeled it into the squad yet, so this guy got the fire power for the squad.
Raptor 3: Finished

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home