Friday, October 27, 2006

Getting back to Basics, er bases


Taking a cue from Ron, I've started working on the bases for my Relictors. The creation for these bases is fairly simple. I poured plaster in the top from the bucket of plaster and let it dry. This created a disk of plaster. I made it about 1/8" thick but I'm expiramenting this thicker and thinnder bases. Anyway, once I had the disk of plaster, I broke it into chucks, and then glued the chunks to the base. I'm not sure weather I'll do a lava motif or like a ice/crystal design yet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea... looks good. This one I'm definitely going to hold onto and use later on down the road.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two more cents...

I wonder, since the plaster may be fragile enough to chip during game play... if you mixed in a little paint to the plaster (giving it a netraul color) so that if it chips later on, you aren't left with a spot that needs to be touched up.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Maverike Prime said...

that's a thought. At this point, what I was planning to do was make sure I put down a good coat of hard varnish. If the coat if hard enough, it should keep it from cracking.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home