Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Relictors march

A while back, I started tinkering around with a Cursed chapter trait system. Basically like the Chapter trait system found in Codex: Space marine, but designed to represent the "Darker" Chapters of marines. Weather the Legion of the damned who have come across fantastic magical powers yet appear to be ever dead, or the Lamentars who just never seem to get a break.
Well, I'm pretty bad when it comes to spotting loop holes in rules and such. The only way I can really do it, is to have the army on the board and operating. That way I get to see what works and what doesn't.
To accomplish this, I sat down and wrote down an army list usin my cursed trait system for a Relictors space marine chapter. I made all the unit fairly expensive in terms of upgrades that way it's fewer models I have to buy and paint and put on the board.
This ugly fella, is the first of the army. I swapped the normal weapon possitions, of right handed storm bolter and left handed powerfist, to create a more divergent look to the models. Basically, I want the models to say "We are still fighting the bad guys. Just not the way you choose to fight them." The left arm is from a Grey Knight terminator with the GK iconogrphy shaved and cut down. The right hand is from the Chaos commander sprue. In order to make it look like a Chaos marine head, I attached the hair plume to the top of the marine helmet.
The head is in fact two peices. The first, is the back half of a plastic terminator head. I cut off the normal terminator head and then attached the front half of a plastic Chaos head. I shaved dow nthe horns and green stuffed some details in to make it look more like a single peice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the look of that helmet, very unique. I might steal that idea for a new Chaplain I want to do.
Nice job.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Maverike Prime said...

Dear lord! ANOTHER chaplin?!!??!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home