Sunday, September 17, 2006

Everything old is new agian...

About a year ago I bought a friend’s then discarded space marine army. Among the army were several of the old style plastic termies. The new Terminators had just recently been released, and I was filled with an urge to modify. So I took out my tools and began to break down the Termie models. This is the first one to walk out of that experience. Relatively light in terms of conversions. I repositioned the torso so that he was facing to the left of where the legs were facing. It gave the Terminator a bit more of a dynamic pose. From there I elevated the left arm at the shoulder, pinned it up and rebuilt the join with a bit of green stuff.

The other arm was a storm bolter arm, but I wanted to give this Termie a heavy flamer (mostly because I had the extra bit rumbling around from building 9 Tornadoes). So a bit of shaving and I removed the storm bolter, and then glued the heavy flamer to the bottom of the arm. I used a bit of green stuff to built up from armor plating to make it look like it was actually being held by something, other then good charms, to the underside of the arm. In order to hide the lack of a fire control mechanism, I took a space marine shoulder pad and shaved out one side of it. I glued it to the Heavy flamer body, just ahead of where the hand sat to make it look like a hand guard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home