Thursday, September 14, 2006

Blood angle assault lord?


I'll be honest, this guy was meant to be nothing more then a random use of bits and some experimentation with making the longer purity seals.
It turned into a bit more as I quite literally had to built a set of legs to get what you see there. Separating Foot from lower leg, lower leg from upper leg and upper leg from hips was quite a new challenge. In the end though, I enjoyed the work and I gained valuable knowledge. Point in case: Cut out ALL of the joint section. Don't try this "If I leave that piece, I won't need to re-sculpt it" idea. It just makes it more difficult.
Like the champion with the thunder hammer, the purity seals are made in two parts. The first part, the wax seal, is nothing but a bit of green stuff that's been pressed into a disk with the end of my largest model drill bit. The parchment, is simply strips of paper. I kept the paper strait this time for a couple of reasons. One was because the seals would be easier to handle with the more rigid strips of paper. Two was the flowing of the strips I wanted to make. One I glued the purity seals in place, It was a matter of going back around the model with make up tweezers, and enticing the parchment to wrap about the marine's body.
Lastly, the wings. These seemed like a simple enough concept when I started them. Remove the exhaust vents from the pack, pin on the wings, fill in with green stuff. Little did I realize, the wings from the Classic Wood Elf eagle have a mounting pin that is about 3/4 as thick as the top of the Space Marine back pack. This created the issue of keeping the wings secure and steady while the glue dried. As you can see, I had only some limited success in that regard. As well, food for future endeavors. I'm working on designing a mounting bracket of some sort that will be adaptable enough to accommodate this project if I were perform it again in the future. Some sort of multi-armature device with flat based claws. Maybe alligator clips with bent in teeth and electrical tape to keep from scaring the plastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home