Thursday, September 07, 2006

I died for the Emperor (Continued)


The legs of the dreadnought are actually from the throne of judgment. I liked the walking stance those legs had and it kept me from having to alter another set of legs to get the same appearance. Taking a queue from Forgeworld, I used the feet from the penitent engine instead of regular dread feet. I like the "archaic" look of these feet over the stomping lids the regular dread feet look like. The right shin guard is the front fairing from the Chaplin space marine bike. I simply cut out the connecting struts from between the skull emblem and thins wings and glued them to the pistons of the leg to suggest motion and that the pieces were in fact separate pieces that moved as the dread walked. The large tabard on the left shin came from the Sisters of battle immolator sprue and attached easily enough with some Super glue. The power fist proved to be of little inspiration and relatively little work was done to it. Continuing with lining the armor I lined the shoulder and the wrist. To add to the Venerability of the dreadnought, I attached a pair of parchment scroll to the outside of the shoulder and affixed a series of thee striped of plasticard under the joint. I then topped off these stripes with skulls from the Chaos Warriors sprue. Atop the inner shoulders I adorned with additional pieces. On the left I placed trophies, once more in the form of skulls taken from the Chaos Warriors sprue. On the right I built in a targeting matrix formed out of several scopes from the space marine sprues. The base is a 60mm flat base. Built up with a piece of flooring from the City of Death sprue, it provides a fantastic base for the dreadnought to stand on, and it helps balance the bloody thing since the legs are built with one leg lifting. I built on the back wall and the crushed side wall to help define the model a bit more. Discovering a package of spare servo skull floating in my bitz box (no pun intended) I cut out some lengths of wire, drilled out holes in the servo skulls and glued them onto the supports. I then attached the other end of the wire to the base in various places and bent the wire to show the servo skulls floating here and there almost aimlessly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home