Friday, December 22, 2006

Update: Media center


A bit of a minor update today. I picked up what I'm ultimatly going to use for the video card in the center:
The ATI All in Wonder 2006 edition. For those of you who are computer savy, it's not the most powerful video processor out there and not particularly well suited to video gaming. But I'm not using it for video gaming. I'm using to interface with a TV.
The big reason I'm going forthe 2006 edition as opposed to say the X850, well for one I have an X850 on my main system. Fantastic card, but waaaaaaay more then I need for the media center. The other big thing I like about the All-in-wonder is the ability to not have cables you don't need. The card uses an interface system with an adapter that you connect the various cables you actually need to it. So If I don't need, say the DVI cable, I don't attach it. It should help keep cluter to a minimum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home